Thursday, August 1, 2013

Paddleboarding!

     This week at JDRF has been pretty exciting.  The YLC has planned a paddle board race for this weekend and we have been helping out all we can to get ready.  This is the first time they have done anything like this, and everything looks great so far!  I will be participating in the race and am so excited!  I’ll be back soon afterwards to let you all know how it went, but I’m sure it’ll be great.  We have also been preparing for the Dream Gala in October; of course there is quite a lot that goes into that.  All of us at JDRF have been doing a variety of things to prepare, I’m sure it will be wonderful!

     On another note, I was able to visit the new USF Diabetes center, and it is amazing!  They have absolutely everything T1D in one place.  They can do it all, from drawing blood to consultations and so much more in between.  I believe I’ve heard something about a Zumba class as well…  It is certainly an exciting development!  

No comments:

Post a Comment